Gapoon - Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of services of GAPOON is subject to your acceptance of and compliances with such terms and conditions. Gapoon Online Consumer Services Pvt. Ltd. or GAPOON is accessible to you via our website https://www.gapoon.com/ & Android app. For the purpose of this document, the term 'You' refers to the user or viewer of our Website and/or Android App i.e. GAPOON/ COMPANY.
1. User(s) eligibility
User(s) means any individual or business entity/organization that legally operates in India or in other countries, uses and has the right to use the Services provided by GAPOON. GAPOON is a service provider which enables the hiring of service professionals for maintenance problems in categories such as plumbers, electricians, carpenters, appliance repair, civil work, deep cleaning, pest control & painting through the internet and / or mobile telecommunications devices. Our Services are available only to those individuals or companies who can form legally binding contracts under the applicable law. Therefore, user(s) must not be a minor as per Indian Law; i.e. user(s) must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to use our Services. GAPOON advises its users that while accessing the web site, they must follow/abide by the related laws. GAPOON is not responsible for the possible consequences caused by your behaviour during use of web site. GAPOON may, in its sole discretion, refuse the service to anyone at any time.
2. User(s) agreement
This agreement applies to user(s) if user(s) are visitors, registered - free or paid user(s) who access the application for any purpose. It also applies to any legal entity which may be represented by you under actual or apparent authority. User(s) may use this site solely for their own personal or internal purposes.This agreement applies to all GAPOON Services offered on the application, collectively with any additional terms and condition that may be applicable to the specific service used/accessed by user(s).In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between any provision of the terms and conditions mentioned herein with those of the particular service, the provisions of the terms and conditions applicable to such specific Services shall prevail. For any customer who has entered into any kind of maintenance contract with gapoon, gapoon will have the right to end the contract If required. On cancellation of the GMC Agreement within 2 months of signup, all the services rendered till date will be charged as per the price list mentioned on the website. The remaining amount if any will be credited back to the customer within next 15 working days. In case of cancellation post 2 months of signup, the cover would be non-refundable.
3. AMENDMENT TO USER(S) agreement
GAPOON may change, modify, amend, or update this agreement from time to time without any prior notification to user(s) and the amended and restated terms and conditions of use shall be effective immediately on posting. If you do not adhere to the changes, you must stop using the service. Your continuous use of the Services will signify your acceptance of the changed terms.
4. Intellectual property rights
GAPOON is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights to website, app, its content & all software. Content includes but is not limited to design, layout, text, images, graphics, sound, video, buttons, icons etc. The application content embody trade secrets and intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the application and its content shall remain with GAPOON, its affiliates or licensor's of GAPOON content, as the case may be. You may not copy, reproduce or use such Content without due attribution of ownership to GAPOON. All icons and logos are trademarks of and proprietary to Housejoy. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
5. User Accounts, Offers and promotions
Gapoon reserves the right to collect user data including name, contact information and other details to facilitate services or use of its platform to avail services. All information collected from the user are on a bona fide basis. Misuse and misrepresentation of identity or contact details will lead to automated termination of services or the use of the platform without prior notice to such users. User accounts bearing contact number and email IDs are created and owned by Gapoon . Any promotional discounts, offers and reward points accumulated can be revoked without prior notice in the event of suspicious account activity intent of the user. In the case where the system is unable to establish unique identity of the user against a valid mobile number or e-mail ID, the account shall be indefinitely suspended. Gapoon reserves the full discretion to suspend a user's account in the above event and does not have the liability to share any account information whatsoever.
6. Links to third party sites
Links to third party sites are provided by application as a convenience to user(s) and Gapoon has not have any control over such sites i.e content and resources provided by them. Gapoon may allow user(s) access to content, products or Services offered by third parties through hyperlinks (in the form of word link, banners, channels or otherwise) to such Third Party's application. You are cautioned to read such sites' terms and conditions and/or privacy policies before using such sites in order to be aware of the terms and conditions of your use of such sites. Gapoon believes that user(s) acknowledge that Gapoon has no control over such third party's site, does not monitor such sites, and Gapoon shall not be responsible or liable to anyone for such third party site, or any content, products or Services made available on such a site.
Most content and some of the features on the application are made available to visitors free of charge. However, Gapoon reserves the right to terminate access to certain areas or features of the application at any time for any reason, with or without notice. Gapoon also reserves the universal right to deny access to particular users to any/all of its Services without any prior notice/explanation in order to protect the interests of Gapoon and/or other visitors to the application. Gapoon reserves the right to limit, deny or create different access to the application and its features with respect to different user(s), or to change any of the features or introduce new features without prior notice.
8. Terms & Conditions for use of third party service providers through Gapoon
The following Terms & Conditions shall apply to customers / users utilising the Services offered by the Company for the hiring of local service providers:
The customer shall pay the festo the service provider which includes a minimum visiting charge as displayed on the website/app (some services may be free of visiting charges), labour charges and expenses for any additional spare parts or material or items that might be required to complete the job at hand. The final amount to be paid to the service provider has to be fixed in advance through mutual conversations between the customer and service provider before allowing the commencement of service by the service provider. In case a mutual agreed amount is not reached, the customer is liable to pay the service provider the visiting charges and customer will not allow the service provider to start any service in this case.
- The customer agrees and accepts that the use of the Services provided by the Company is at the sole risk of the Customer, and further acknowledges that the Company disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
- The customer shall ensure that he/she will not indulge in any of the following activities while using the service: a. Smoking or consuming any kind of intoxicants in the presence of service provider. The service provider has the right to refuse the service and can go back if the customer is found to be in an intoxicated state or is found misbehaving with service provider, or is causing a nuisance. b. Misusing, soiling or damaging the tools, items, spare parts or any other item (technical or non technical ) brought by the service provider. c. Asking the service provider to break any Police and/or government rules for any purpose (especially getting the service faster). The service provider has the right to refuse such a request by the customer.
- The customer agrees and acknowledges that the use of the Services offered by Company is at the sole risk of the customer and that Company disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied as to condition, suitability, quality, merchantability and fitness for any purposes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Without prejudice to the above, the Company makes no representation or warranty that:
a. The Services will meet the customer's requirements.
b. The Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
c. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused or suffered by the Customer arising out of the use of service offered by Company or due to the failure of Company to provide Services to the Customer for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to the Customer's non-compliance with the Services' recorded voice instructions, malfunction, partial or total failure of any network terminal, data processing system, computer tele-transmission or telecommunications system or other circumstances whether or not beyond the control of Company or any person or any organization involved in the above mentioned systems.
d.The Company will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Service offered by the Company, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- The Customer shall indemnify Company from and against and in respect of any or all liabilities, losses, charges and expenses (including legal fees and costs on a full indemnity basis) claims, demands, actions and proceedings which Company may incur or sustain directly or indirectly from or by any reason of or in relation to the use or proposed use of the Services by the Customer and shall pay such sums on demand of the Company.
- The Company is hereby authorized to use the location based information provided by any of the telecommunication companies when the Customer uses the mobile phone to make a booking. The location based information will be used only to facilitate and improve services for the Customer.
- The Company shall be entitled to disclose to all companies within its group, or any government body as so required by the law or by directive or request from any government body, the particulars of the Customer in the possession of Company in any way as Company, in its absolute discretion, deems fit or if it considers it in its interests to do so.
- The Company shall be entitled at any time without giving any reason to terminate the booking of services done by the Customer. If the Customer has any complaint in respect of the Services, the Customer has to inform Company of the same in writing within 24hours of using the Services of Company.
- The Company shall not be liable for any conduct or behaviour or actions of service providers. However, the Company encourages you to notify it of any complaints that you may have against the service provider that you may have hired using the Company's Services.
- The Company shall be entitled to add to, vary or amend any or all these terms and conditions at any time and the Customer shall be bound by such addition, variation or amendment once such addition, variation or amendment are incorporated into these terms and conditions at Company's website at www.Gapoon.com and in the application on the date that Company may indicate that such addition, variation or amendment is to come into effect.
- All the calls made to the Company's call centre may be recorded by the Company for quality and training purposes.
- It is expressly made clear to you hereby that the Company does not own any tools, devices or parts used by service providers nor does it directly or indirectly employ any service providers. Service providers are all supplied by third parties and the Company disclaims any and all liability in respect of the service providers and devices or parts alike.
- Any mishap such as theft, rape etc. happens we are not responsible for any such kind of mishap the serviceman and his company will be responsible for such act.
- The Company have right to use the customer contact information for its own marketing purposes. The Company may send regular SMS updates to the mobile numbers registered with it.
- The courts of Bangalore, India shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any matters arising from the use of the Services offered by Company or the agreement or arrangement between Company and the Customer.
The information contained in this app is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Gapoon and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the app or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the app for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this app. Through this app you are able to link to other apps or websites which are not under the control of Gapoon. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the app up and running smoothly. However, Gapoon takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the app being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The rates mentioned on the website are suggested not imposed prices. The final quotation is provided by the service provider based on the inspection.
Cancellation Charge ₹ 150
In case of termination of either "FULL HOUSE MAINTENANCE PACKAGE" or "HOME APPLIANCES MAINTENANCE PACKAGE" the amount is non refundable. While in case of termination of "FULL HOUSE DEEP CLEANING PACKAGE" & "FULL HOUSE SHALLOW CLEANING PACKAGE" package the final bill will be generated based on standardised prices mentioned on our website & the due amount will be refunded if applicable.
The minimum service change starts from ₹ 250