“I want my home to look good, feel good, and smell good. I want it to be inclusive, to reflect the people who live there.”-Cindy Crawford
Have you ever come home after a busy day at work and something smells super bad at home? You spray the strongest air freshner, but the synthetic smell lingers in the air.
Here are some ways you can keep you home smelling fresh and welcoming! And you can find most of the ingredients in the pantry!
1) Cinnamon Sticks: Simmer a few cinnamon sticks in a pot.
This is perfect for the season. It reminds you of warmth, Christmas and makes you more cheerful.
2) Cloves: Tie a few cloves to a strick, wrap it in warm, damp cloth and leave it the musty pockets of the house.
3) Coffee Beans: Coffee sure wakes you up, but leaving a bowl of coffee beans in cupboards, fridge or even clothes drawers can neutralize strong odors in the air.
4) Homemade Spray: A little bit of vinegar, a few drops of essential oil and water in a pretty bottle spray. It also helps keeping away those pesky little flies.
5) Eucalyptus: This one is a little tricky, but a bunch of dried eucalyptus in a pot in the bathroom helps clear out the nasty smells.
Always remember to air out your house, preferably during the day when there is a little bit of sunshine!