Winter means hot drinks, warm food and curling up with your favourite book. It also means harsh winds, dry skin and pain! There are simple ways to ensure your skin looks great and glowing through the harsh winter months too!
- Stay Hydrated: Drink at least 2 litres of water every day. It is essential to keep your body and skin hydrated in the dry weather. Even if you are not sweating much, the harsh weather can bleach your skin of moisture.
- Sun Screen: We often forget that the little bit of sun that comes out, and makes you want to soak it up can also be quite harsh and damaging. Always use sunscreen and avoid being sunburnt! Use a lip balm, preferably one with sun protection!
- Butter milk pack: ‘Milk is good for your health’-we probably heard this sentence from our childhood, but do you know milk is good for your skin too. Use malai or fresh butter milk with a pinch of turmeric, let it be on the face for about 10 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Mix tea oil with bathing water: Generally in winter, hot water is used for bathing, and it is a proven fact, that hot water dries up your skin. If you mix tea tree oil with the water you use, it would help restore the moisture balance of your skin.
- Eat vegetables: Eat lot of vegetable in winter season for fresh and oil free skin. If you want beautiful skin and healthy body try to avoid oily foods in winter season.